Refund of Visa Application Charge for the former holders of specific visas affected by COVID-19 pandemic
New Migration Legislative Instrument commenced on 27.02.2021. These instruments specify that:
1. Former holders of a TSS SC482, or SC457 (Temporary Work (Skilled)) visa can apply for a new Subclass 482 (TSS) visa with a nil visa application charge (VAC) where their travel to, or stay in, Australia has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
A primary applicant and family members included in the application will have a nil VAC amount where they apply for a for SC482 visa while outside of Australia, between 27 February 2021 and 31 December 2022, if they formerly held a SC482 visa or SC 457 visa that ceased to be in effect between 1 February 2020 and 31 December 2021
2. Working holiday makers, holders of SC 417 or SC 462 visa may receive a refund of their VAC if allfollowing circumstances apply:
- the visa was granted before 20 March 2020 and either the person did not enter Australia under the visa, or they departed Australia between 20 March 2020 and 31 December 2021 and did not re-enter Australia on that visa;
- the SC417 visa ceased to be in effect between 20 March 2020 and 31 December 2021 while the person was outside of Australia (for holders of SC462 visa – between 30 March 2020 and 31 December 2021);
- if the visa ceased to be in effect because it was cancelled—the cancellation only occurred because the relevant person requested the Minister to cancel the visa;
- the person has not applied for another SC 417 or SC462 visa;
- the person is unable to be granted another SC 417 or SC462 visa because they do not satisfy the age requirements for a visa; and
- the refund is requested on or before 31 December 2022.
Instruments also specify the conditions of getting refund for the holders of SC403 visa for both Pacific Labour Scheme and Seasonal Worker Program, and also for holders of Prospective Marriage visa (SC300) when their visa ceased to be in effect.
For questions about Australian visas and Immigration matters please contact a Registered Migration Agent
Mobile: 0413392894 Email: email@example.com