Your experience in driving sales and background in the electrical industries will see you succeed in this challenging and engaging role, working with the senior management team at PNG’s most respected and diversified electrical wholesaler. There is a high demand for the company’s diverse expertise and they need to further expand their management team.
This well-established and mature company have earned the reputation as the market leader share in the distribution of hardware, electrical products and an extensive range of communication equipment across a number of markets in Papua New Guinea. The company’s strong reputation for quality products, service, care and reliability is a key differentiator for the business. The work culture supports the freedom to make decisions, inclusiveness, training and you can expect to work within an open management environment.
Your new role
Your primary responsibility will be to establish yourself as a strong leader for the Port Moresby branch, represent a consistent point of contact for existing clients, actively seek and build on new relationships and drive sales.
Core activities within the role
- Drive both new and existing sales across a variety of industries
- Engage with senior management to ensure effective sales strategies and resources are allocated.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, and oversight for electrical project work
- Task and project management – small to large scale deployments
- Assist customers with the correct design and product selection
- Preparation of quotations
- Supervision and training
Some travel will be required across Papua New Guinea
Essential skills and attributes
- Solid experience in a sales management role.
- Proven ability to drive both new and existing sales
- Strong knowledge of electrical products including lighting, power and cabling
- Trade background within the electrical industry
- Ability to effectively manage a technical team and meet project timelines
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
There is very competitive salary on offer, together with expatriate benefits including:
- 3 bedroom, fully furnished, secure and comfortable accommodation
- Relocation to Papua New Guinea for yourself and your family if applicable
- Company car
- Full medical cover
- Return flights per annum
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to work in the high-demand market, learn industry skills and network in a tight community. There will be plenty of free time to explore an incredible country.
If you think you are the right fit for this role, are excited about this opportunity and have what it takes to join a very successful team, please apply below.