An international property development and construction company looking to fill a Management Accountant position to support their operations in Australia.
This international group of companies has a strong interest in residential and commercial properties in the North Queensland region. Based at their office in Cairns, you will be part of a small, hard-working, professional and positive team culture.
The culture is ‘easy going’ friendly but professional
This position reports to the Managing Director (locally) and the CFO (overseas)
As part of the local Management Team, you will complete a broad range of financial activities, attend meetings with government bodies and contributing to business improvement activities.
Being responsive and flexible, you will develop reporting solutions to suit organisational demands and decision-making, as well as using your well-developed accounting, regulatory and legislative knowledge to fulfill the role.
Here are some examples of core duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare reports including balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports
- Prepare and lodge BAS, IAS, FBT and tax returns for the group of companies
- Monitor claims, liaise with Project Managers and prepare reports comparing forecasted costs with actual costs for projects
- Maintain the asset register
- Prepare cash forecasts, participate in planning and budgeting processes and provide advice regarding financial and investment opportunities
- CA/CPA qualification
- MYOB experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Committed to personal development and maintaining up to date knowledge regarding legislation and industry practices
- High level of financial reporting and presentation skills
- Experience with foreign currency transactions and project methodology
- High level of communications skills, both verbal and written
The stand-out candidate for this position will have an eye for detail and the ability to retain a high level of accuracy whilst working on multiple tasks.
Experience within the building / property development industry will be highly regarded
- Varied duties – Never a dull day!
- Supportive and caring team culture
- Report to a manager that appreciates your work
- Excellent Salary on offer
- Laptop and phone
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
All applications and discussions relating to this position remain confidential.
This position is only open to candidates with unrestricted and permanent Australian work rights as this is a permanent, ongoing position. Unfortunately, we are unable to process applications from candidates seeking sponsorship in Australia.