Your New Employer
Located in the heart of the Cairns CBD, our client is an industry leader in the design and fabrication of power generating solutions across Regional Queensland, FNQ, Northern Territory and across to the Torres Strait Islands.
Servicing these locations for well over 25 years, their customers vary across many sectors which include Commercial and Industrial, Agri and Residential
Being a small and close-knit team, we are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper that has the ability to take on a variety of responsibilities within Office Administration.
Reporting to the business owners, your day to day duties are to include end to end bookkeeping and data entry into MYOB, also preparation of month, quarter and year end reports.
Additional Duties are to include
- Generating quotes and invoices as required
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Bank Reconciliation
- Assisting with payroll
- Preparation of BAS
- General Office Administration
- Answering of phones
- Reception duties
- Stock control
- Must have sound knowledge of MYOB
- Solid experience in a similar role – min 3 years
- Proficient use of all PC applications
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Eager to work as part of a team
- Confident and friendly phone manner
- Takes initiative
- A current Police Clearance or willing to obtain if requested by client
- Permanent Part-time position 30 - 32hrs per week
- Potential Full-time opportunity for the right applicant
- Flexible work hours negotiable – typically 8.30am to 2.30pm
- Supportive and close-knit environment
This position may suit someone returning to the workforce, as the hours are flexible. This role has the potential to move to a Full Time position, so we are seeking a suitable candidate who is looking for a full-time career but are comfortable starting off with part-time.
NOTE: This position is open to candidates currently in Australia with unrestricted work rights as this is a permanent, ongoing position. Unfortunately, we are unable to process applications from candidates seeking sponsorship