Grants available for Queensland Businesses
Job Assist – Business Grant – Don’t Miss Out!!!
As most businesses in Far North have been experiencing difficult times over the last few months, Job Assist Business Support program could not come at better times. Our region has been identified as a priority employment area.
The Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation (DEEDI) has implemented the Jobs Assist program that provides support for businesses that have been identified as requiring support services.
Stage 1 will provide up to $3,000 to assist the client to engage a consultant to conduct an assessment of the client’s business and develop an Action Plan to address all strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the business including an effective reporting process and select strategies and actions to support and improve the business.
Stage 2 will provide up to $5,000 to assist the client to implement the activities identified as immediate priority tasks in their Action Plan that could include an effective reporting process, through the engagement of a consultant to mentor or provide expert advice on the implementation process or through the provision of a contribution to the application of relevant State and Federal support programs or through the provision of other support services identified in the Action Plan for the business implementation process.
Outcomes for the Client
A business assessment is undertaken by an experienced consultant to:
- identify issues impacting on the business
- identify management reporting processes
- develop an Action Plan to improve business performance.
- sustained business activity and existing employment levels maintained
- improved business knowledge
- improved business management skills and reporting processes
- increased efficiency and productivity levels
- improved business and employment outcomes
- benefit through other identified support mechanisms.
The eligibility criteria under this activity are that the business must be one of the following:
- located within a Priority Employment Area under the Federal Government’s Keep Australia Working strategy
- fall within key sectors and be considered to be of critical or strategic importance to the State, region, industry or in a significant sectoral supply chain
- employ 10 or more FTE’s
- have an established operating base in Queensland
- have an ABN number and be registered for GST.
Couple of approved providers to deliver Job Assist � Business Support are Cairns Chamber of Industry QLD (CCIQ) and Outsource Management. To find out more about this program you can get onto DEEDI’s webside
Please note this Grant has recently been updated by QLD Government, read the update here: http://bit.ly/bjRi1d
More information about Signature Staff:
Author: Vlasta Eriksson, MD Signature Staff